Who needs the holidays to have fun drinking wine when you can sip bubbly in a blanket fort?
1. Make a blanket fort in your living room, chill a bottle of sparkling wine, and spend the evening with your significant other. What better way to end 2020?
2. Drink a bottle of regional wine. This especially applies to those of you who have never tasted regional wine, but know it’s terrible because it’s regional wine and therefore you don’t need to taste it.
3. Try a bottle of something you’ve never tasted before. After all, the world does not revolve around chardonnay, merlot, and cabernet sauvignon.
4. Shop somewhere you’ve never shopped before. After all, the world does not revolve around Costco and Trader Joe’s.
5. Buy a bottle of wine with an ugly label. That will show those wine marketers a thing or two, yes?
6. Put an ice cube in a glass of wine. Just because.
7. Let your local wine shop put together a case for you, sight unseen (but within your price range). Which, frankly, may be the most fun thing on this list.
Photo courtesy of Aimsel Ponti, using a Creative Commons license