The blog’s 12th Birthday Week begins on Monday, with terrific prizes again this year
Birthday Week 2019, the 12th annual, begins on Monday with five days of prizes for the blog’s readers. The daily giveaways are the Wine Curmudgeon’s annual thank you to everyone who reads the blog and visits the site, since none of this would happen without you. Besides, we need lots of cheering up after the past 12 months.
Each day next week, a prize post will run in addition to the regular post. Pick a number between 1 and 1,000 and leave it in the comment section of the prize post. You can’t pick a number someone else has picked, and you need to leave your guess in the comments section of this post — no email entries or entries on other posts, like this one. Unless the number is in the comments section of the prize post, the entry won’t count.
This year’s prize schedule:
• Monday: A $50 gift card from Bonny Doon Vineyard.
• Tuesday: A wine cork holder, in the shape of a letter. This may be the best use ever for corks.
• Wednesday: A $100 gift card from Wine.com. Thanks to Wine.com, a long-time supporter of the blog and what we do here.
• Thursday: Four Schott Zweisel wine glasses, just like the ones the Wine Curmudgeon uses.
• Friday: Three autographed copies of the cheap wine book, just in time for the holidays.
Besides the prize giveaways, I’ll recap the past year on the blog — the top posts and the least liked on Monday, as well as my always insightful analysis about what it all means and the future of the wine business on Thursday.
Picture courtesy of Humdrum Paper, using a Creative Commons license