The blog’s 11th Birthday Week begins on Monday, with terrific prizes again this year
Birthday Week 2018, the 11th annual, begins on Monday with terrific prizes for the blog’s readers. The daily giveaways are the Wine Curmudgeon’s annual thank you to everyone who reads the blog and visits the site, since none of this would happen without you. And we need some cheering up after the past 12 months in cheap wine.
Each day next week, a prize post will run in addition to the regular post. Pick a number between 1 and 1,000 and leave it in the comment section of the prize post. You can’t pick a number someone else has picked, and you need to leave your guess in the comments section of this post — no email entries or entries on other posts, like this one. Unless the number is in the comments section of the prize post, the entry won’t count.
This year’s prize schedule:
• Monday: A $50 gift card from Boony Doon Vineyards.
• Tuesday: A wine t-shirt from Zazzle. And, yes, men’s style, too.
• Wednesday: A $100 gift card from Wine.com. Thanks to Wine.com, a long-time supporter of the blog and what we do here.
• Thursday: Four Schott Zweisel wine glasses, just like the ones the Wine Curmudgeon uses.
• Friday: Three wine books — an autographed copy of the cheap wine book, an autographed copy of “Wine Trails United States & Canada,” signed by Washington Post wine columnist Dave McIntyre, and a copy of Peter Stafford-Bow’s “Brute Force.”
Besides the prize giveaways, I’ll recap the past year on the blog — the top posts and the least liked on Monday, as well as my always insightful analysis about what it all means and the future of the wine business on Thursday.
Picture courtesy of Humdrum Paper, using a Creative Commons license