The blog’s ninth Birthday Week begins on Monday, with the best prizes yet
Birthday Week 2016, the ninth annual, begins on Monday with the best prizes in Birthday Week history. And why not? This year will be the best in blog history, with almost one-half million visitors. Who knew after the trials and travails of the past couple of years?
Hence the Wine Curmudgeon’s annual thank you to everyone who reads the blog and visits the site, since none of this would happen without you. Contest rules are here. Those of you who get the blog via email or RSS will need to go to winecurmudgeon.com and click on that day’s prize post to enter.
Each day next week, a prize post will run in addition to the regular post. Pick a number between 1 and 1,000 and leave it in the comment section of the prize post. You can’t pick a number someone else has picked, and you need to leave your guess in the comments section of this post — no email entries or entries on other posts, like this one. Unless the number is in the comments section of the prize post, the entry won’t count.
This year’s prize schedule:
• Monday: The VinGardeValise Petite, the ultimate wine bottle suitcase, plus a copy of Jerry Lockspesier’s “Your Wine Questions Answered.” Thanks to VinGarde, a long-time pal of the blog, and Jerry for their contributions.
• Tuesday: A French wine gift accessory pack, courtesy of Teuwen Communications and its French wine clients.
• Wednesday: A $100 gift card from Wine.com, and thank you very much to the people at Wine.com for their annual enthusiasm for what we do here.
• Thursday: A $100 gift certificate from NakedWines.com, plus a $100 voucher for a $160 order for the second and third place finishers.
• Friday: Another VinGardeValise Petite, plus an autographed copy of the cheap wine book.
Besides the prize giveaways, I’ll recap the past year on the blog — the top posts and the least liked on Monday, as well as my always insightful analysis about what it all means and the future of the wine business on Thursday.