• I accept wine samples paid for by the wineries, but I don’t guarantee a review from the samples. In fact, about half the wine I review I pay for myself. And I turn down samples for wines that I know don’t fit what I’m trying to do here. Each wine review says whether the wine is a sample or purchased, and links to my policy.
• I write about wines and events that involve people who are my friends and who I do business with. When that happens, I mention it in the post.
• I accept travel paid for by wineries and trade groups promoting wine regions of the world. But there is no quid pro quo.
For more on wine blogging and ethics:
• Robert Parker, Dr. Vino and paying for wine
• What's wrong with wine writing: Views from around the web
• Wine writing, and what's wrong with it