All events held at Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts Dallas.
• Winemaker dinner, 7 p.m. (invitation only)
• Conference registration, 9 a.m.
• What’s new in Texas wine: Trends and developments. 9:45 a.m.-10:30 a.m. John Griffin, Savor SA; Mary Kimbrough, FoodRoots.com; Chesley Sanders, Lone Star Wines, Fort Worth; Wes Marshall, Appellation America. Moderator: Jeff Siegel.
• Not cabernet or chardonnay: What grapes work best in Texas? 10:45 a.m.-noon. Guy Stout, master sommelier and grape grower, Houston; Neal Newsom, grower, Plains; Greg Bruni, vice president/winemaking, Llano Estacado; Richard Leahy, Vineyard & Winery Management. Moderator: Jeff Siegel.
• Lunch, noon-1:15 p.m.
•Why don't retailers and restaurants like regional wine -- and what you can do about it. 1:30 p.m.-2:15 p.m. Doug Caskey, Colorado Wine Board; Gil Kulers, chef/wine writer, Atlanta; Hunter Hammett, sommelier, Fairmont Hotel, Dallas. Moderator: Dave McIntyre, Washington Post.
• Texas Twitter Taste-off, 2:30 p.m.-4 p.m. Moderator, Russ Kane, Vintage Texas.